Re: [tlug] Mojibake in kword and abiword

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 12:00:23PM +0900, Michael Doughty wrote:

>unicode for the encoding of rtf documents, not EUC.  The other option
>is SJIS, but I am pretty sure the 2000 products were using unicode.

Internally, 2K and XP use Unicode, but I'm not sure if they've
unified that up to the display level yet.  I suspect not, b/c
earlier versions of Windows are still out there in large numbers,
as are earlier versions of MS Office.  In other words, MS has a large
installed base that doesn't grok Unicode, only SJIS, so the documents
he's seeing are probably that.

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Q
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9