Re: [tlug] Mojibake in kword and abiword

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 04:51:39PM +0900, Norman Diamond wrote:
> I created an .rtf document in Monopolysoft Word 2000.  Both kword and
> abiword display its contents as mojibake.  I've even done this:
>   bash% LANG=ja_JP.eucJP LC_ALL=ja_JP.eucJP sh
>   sh% locale
>   [all Japanese]
>   sh% kword x.rtf
>   sh% abiword x.rtf

I don't know for certain, but I am pretty sure that Word 2k will use
unicode for the encoding of rtf documents, not EUC.  The other option
is SJIS, but I am pretty sure the 2000 products were using unicode.

So, give this a shot again, but this time try something other than
eucJP for your locale.

Michael