Re: [tlug] mount: /dev/cdrom is not a valid block device

 PEr these instructions, I did
> http://www.sgms-centre.com/linux/howto/cdwriting

dmesg | grep '=ide-scsi'
Kernel command line: ro root=LABEL=/ hdc=ide-scsi
ide_setup: hdc=ide-scsi

then
cdrecord -scanbus

scsibus0:
        0,0,0     0) 'GENERIC ' 'SmartMedia R/W  ' '1.00' Removable Disk
        0,1,0     1) *
        0,2,0     2) *
        0,3,0     3) *
        0,4,0     4) *
        0,5,0     5) *
        0,6,0     6) *
        0,7,0     7) *

and I see my cdrw isn't in the list where it usually was so...

Does this mean my drive isn't being found on load-up?

I did dmesg | less which showed me "hdc: SONY CD-RW CRX140E, ATAPI CD/DVD-
ROM drive" so I thought it was being found.

Any suggestions?

Great write up by the way (link above on cdwriting I mean)!
--
Shawn

Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/