Re: [tlug] mount: /dev/cdrom is not a valid block device

   'ls -l /dev/cdrom' should show it linked linked to /dev/hdc

[I tried su root -c "mount -t iso9660 -o ro /dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom"
but got /dev/scd0 is not a valid block device]

 (Was yours a link to an early CD-ROM, not CD-RW
> drive?)
No, I mentioned cdrom in my mail as that term was in my mind (more fruitful
searches)

lsmod produced (among others)--but no ide-scsi entry

sr_mod                 16312   0 (autoclean) (unused)
cdrom                  30208   0 [sr_mod ide-cd]
ide-cd                 30632   0

> With a modular kernel, try 'lsmod' and looking for modules like:
> ide-scsi               12016   0 scsi_mod              106584   3  [sg
> sr_mod ide-scsi]
> ide-cd                 35424   0 cdrom                  33216   0
> [sr_mod ide-cd]

well I think my "hdc: driver not present"
is your 	hdc: attached ide-scsi driver.
	scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
  	Vendor: CDWRITER  Model: IDE1610           Rev: 0.21
  	Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02

which all seems to mean that the module isn't loaded although requested in
grub.conf.  Seem reasonable?  Argh, but what to do???

--
Shawn

Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/