Re: [tlug] Novell letter to SCO - "You don't own it anyway"

On Thu, 29 May 2003 10:17, Sam Tilders wrote:
> The full letter is at:
> http://www.novell.com/news/press/archive/2003/05/pr03033.html
>
> Here's a snippet.
>
> > Novell Challenges SCO Position, Reiterates Support for Linux

Further on this, in this interview with SCO's Chris Sontag
http://www.computerworld.com/softwaretopics/os/linux/story/0,10801,81613,00.html?nas=AM-81613
there is the response to Novell's claim.

----
Novell Inc. says the 1995 agreement governing SCO's purchase of Unix System V
from Novell doesn't convey copyrights. What's your response? We certainly
have a point of contention regarding their interpretation of that contract.
We have statements from all the major parties that were involved in that
contract that all the business and IP-related property of Unix and UnixWare
was transferred to SCO. I think this is just a desperate act on their part to
curry favor with the Linux community.
----

This was linked from /. - apologies if you've seen it. Figured the paragraph
above was particularly relevant to the pervious post.

Sam Tilders
sam@example.com

Cogito Ergo Sum - I think, therefore I am.  (Descartes)