Re: [tlug] SSH connection time

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 10:47:31AM +0900, Shigeo Honda wrote:
> Thanks your advice. I tried but it did not work for me.
>
> 1. I use bash so I did export TMOUT=0 in my local terminal but still lost
> connection after 10 minutes or so.
>
> 2. And  I did  export TMOUT=0 at remote host, then I get '-bash: TMOUT:
> readonly variable'
>  message.
>
> How can I keep ssh connection as long as I want?

Looks like the remote machine is setting TMOUT with something like
typeset -r TMOUT

you may want to look in /etc/profile and ~/.profile for a read only
assignment. Btw, the bash man page has a pretty detailed explanation of
readonly assignments and the TMOUT variable. Also after you assign it, you
should be able to check it with:

echo $TMOUT

to make sure it has actually assigned it. (Sorry if I am telling you
things you already know). As for the local machine I dont know why it is
still.

Also in the sshd_config manpage make a reference to:
ClientAliveInterval
this may be of some help.

Tim.