Re: [tlug] Laptops in Tokyo.......which companies give you the mostbang for your bucks!!

Phillip Hilton wrote:

> Back on the case Dell has been recommended to me as component quality
> is good........but I am being seduced by Vaio. However, I hear that
> Sony uses intergrated Sis chipsets which I have great contempt for....

I know Jonathan will start having fits if I dare condone the use of Sony
products here, but I've been using Vaios for the past five years and
never had any significant problems with them, not even when I decided to
change to decent operating systems[1]. However, if had to buy a new
notebook these days, I'd definitely go for a Mac. What more could you
want: It's Unix with a decent user interface, and you can install Linux
on top and run both OS at the same time (not "dual-booting", mind you,
because MOL lets you switch between OS X and Linux as if they were mere
virtual consoles).

Cheers
Ulrich Plate

[1] http://www2.gol.com/users/plate/pcgr505rgk.html