[tlug] Re: SuSE out of the box

Peter Evans <peter@example.com> さんは書きました:

>> Linux Enhanced computer user (SuSE 8.2)
>
> Aha! Just last week (in London) I bought the ("Personal" flavor of the)
> very same.

[...]

> English interface, Japanese-capable.

Unfortunately the "Personal" version of SuSE Linux 8.2 lacks most of
the packages related to Japanese (no Japanese input method, very few
Japanese fonts, ...). That's because the "Personal" version has only 3
CDs (the "Professional" version of SuSE 8.2 has 5 CDs and 2 DVDs).

This isn't a big problem though as the FTP Version of SuSE 8.2 is due
to be released real soon now and you can download everything you
cannot find on the CDs of your "Personal" version from the FTP
version.

--
Mike Fabian   <mfabian@example.com>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。