Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] MTA question...
- Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:19:55 +0900 (JST)
- From: "J. David Beutel" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] MTA question...
> They are incorrect. 1912 states that every internet host should have a > DNS entry, and a valid reverse PTR. Just because it doesn't specifically > say "Yo your mail servers count to" doesn't magically exclude them. It > is pretty much besides the point though ain't it? The reality that a lot > of people refuse mail if you don't have a valid reverse lookup should > certainly override any nit picking about what is or isn't in the RFCs. What makes the reverse lookup "valid"? Does the name have to match the original forward lookup? (Wouldn't that break virtual hosting?) Or, does the name merely have to resolve to the same address as the name in the original forward lookup? 11011011
- Re: [tlug] MTA question...
- From: Matt Doughty
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] kanji dictionary
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] kanji dictionary
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] MountingFAT32Partition
- Next by thread: [tlug] March meeting moved to April 5th
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links