Re: [tlug] Sorry to Hijack a thread but whats wrong with LILO

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:09:31 +0900 (JST)
"J. David Beutel" <jdb@example.com> wrote:
Subject: Re: [tlug] Sorry to Hijack a thread but whats wrong with LILO

> I've had plenty of internal problems, however, because my maximum power
> consumption exceeds the limits of the circuit breakers in my apartment.
> So, I'm tempted to get a UPS.  Does anyone happen to know about how much
> it costs to increase the power limits?  I'd love to just put in larger
> breakers, but I'm not an electrician and I'm afraid safety might require
> additional changes (e.g., more outlets, a different meter, etc).

Do you have a seperate circuit for a heater or washer and dryer?
I don't know if it is common in Japan, but I actually have 3 accounts with the electric company.  One is for heat, one for the washer, dryer and water heater and one is for normal things inside the apartment.
The one for the washer seems to have a much higher capacity - I used to regularly trip the breaker when all the stuff was in the living room, but it never happens since I moved the servers to the laundry room.
Last summer there was even a blackout in the building, but that circuit in the laundry room never blinked. Very weird.

As I said, though, I have no idea if this kind of arrangement is common, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was.  Worth checking, anyway, I suspect the fees to change your wiring might be immense.
Cheers,
Jim