Re: [tlug] Sorry to Hijack a thread but whats wrong with LILO

On Thursday, February 27, 2003, at 11:09  PM, J. David Beutel wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Godwin Stewart wrote:
>
>> However, I'm about 5 miles as the crow flies from the local nuclear
>> power
>> station so I've never lived closer to the place were the power I use
>> is
>> generated. I've also never had such a damned unreliable power supply!
>>
>> It's fairly safe to say that there's a disturbance every week. There
>> was a
>> 10-minute outage yesterday, that was covered by the UPS no problem. I
>> had to
>> power down about a week ago at the beginning of a 50-minute outage...
>
> That's terrible!  I haven't had any external problems in Shinjuku.
>
> I've had plenty of internal problems, however, because my maximum power
> consumption exceeds the limits of the circuit breakers in my apartment.
> So, I'm tempted to get a UPS.  Does anyone happen to know about how
> much
> it costs to increase the power limits?  I'd love to just put in larger
> breakers, but I'm not an electrician and I'm afraid safety might
> require
> additional changes (e.g., more outlets, a different meter, etc).

You can just call Tokyo Denryoku and they will change the breaker for
free,
but your monthly bill would slightly increase. They don't change the
breaker
if the internal circuits are not capable of handling the greater power.
Before changing the breaker, you should tell the landlord about it.

-Takeshi