Re: [tlug] Sorry to Hijack a thread but whats wrong with LILO

>>Watch it, your linux prejudice is showing. So you want them to stick
>>"standard" names? GRUB loads a lot of OSes so which standard names did
>>you have in mind:

>>solaris: /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0
>>netbsd:  /dev/wd0a
>>dos:            c:
>>WinNT:  multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)
Mattsan,

OKay time to show my ignorance but GRUB is a GNU project--GNU primary OS
of interest is Linux (or HURD for a few) so the standard as defined by
their primary OS of interest;)

Linux Bias absolutely!!!!!

David Blomberg
APS, CCNA, LCA, LCP, Linux+, RHCE, Server+
Nihon Libertec
dblomber@example.com
Linux Enhanced Computer User