Re: [tlug] Region Free? DVD player

Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> They may produce region-1 only DVDs, but how hard would it be for the
> same people who produce region-free players to produce players that
> are regional-selectable?  Just pop up the menu and choose which region
> you want it to be :-)

Oh, you mean like my (or any given) Samsung (or Philips) model where you
use your remote control to hack your way into the region select menu? :)
All you need is a five digit PIN about as secret as Sugawara-san's
player tip...

Cheers
Ulrich Plate

--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key CF7D6206
Fingerprint CDD6 3225 3489 1305 D4D6 1CCF 50E8 6505 CF7D 6206