Re: [tlug] Re: rec

Thanks again, Tobias! Of course, I have the device file /dev/mixer. How can
I check my system with OSS and ALSA compatibilities? Unfortunately, such as
"rec -r 44100 -t wav test.wav" didn't work. I have figured out the
following:
Under kernel v2.2.19,

~# aumix -mR -m100
~# rec sample.ul
    sox: Can't open input file '/dev/dsp' : Invalid argument
Under kernel v2.4.5 with selections of
    VIA 82C686 Audio Codec
    OSS sound modules
        Verbose initialisation
        Persistent DMA buffers

~# aumix -mR -m100
~# rec sample.ul
    sox: Unable to sync dsp
What do those SoX error messages mean? What can we conclude from the
messages regarding my system? Since I believe the on-board VT82C686B (VIA
PLE133T chipset) is working, I guess the VIA 82C686 Audio Codec driver
doesn't have suitable sampling capability. How do you think?

Hoshino