[tlug] Re: rec

hatsuhiro wrote:

> I applied "Creative Ensoniq AudioPCI 97 (ES1371)" and "VIA 82C686
> Audio Codec" kernel drivers, respectively. Those are fine. Then I
> tried doing "rec", but never succeeded to sample any sound/voice from
> a microphone. Will you show me a correct command line as an instance,
> and/or advise me about those controllers?

First you should make sure with a mixer program (e.g. aumix) that
the input you want to record from is actually selected for recording
and that it is not muted.
If you have your input connected to line in, you can do this with
aumix -lR -l100
For mic in use
aumix -mR -m100
After that rec should work.