Re: [tlug] Quick follow up on OpenOffice and Gentoo

On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 10:25:39PM +0900, Stuart Bouyer wrote:

> Just emerged openoffice-bin-1.0.1 to test for Japanese input. Using your
> langx to open openoffice, I can use kinput2 with canna, but the
> shift+space doesn't activate kinput2, instead I need to use crtl+o.
> However the kinput2 input window thingy ( the [ あ ] window) that pops up
> where you are entering text shows a box instead of あ. otherwise it works
> fine for me.

Actually, I got my input box with shift+space or ctrl+o.  The issue is
the fonts, I think.  Therefore, I get ?? or boxes.  :)

The older version had gothic as a font, which is what I used. This
version, both compiled from source (Gentoo's ebuild) and the
openoffice-bin don't offer the Gothic font.
(To answer the obvious, yes, I did remember to open options and add East
Asian support).

--

Scott

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6 )

Buffy: I'm gonna give you all a nice, fun, normal evening if I
have to kill every person on the face of the Earth to do it.