Re: [tlug] Quick follow up on OpenOffice and Gentoo

On 土, 2002-09-28 at 11:54, Scott Robbins wrote:

> I did, on an earlier install, try it from source (that is, Gentoo
> source) wondering if, with cjk USE flags in there, it would work. It's
> actually more a curiosity than necessity for me, so I haven't gone
> through the next, somewhat obvious step of trying to download it from
> openoffice.org and compiling it. At work, and actually at home, I
> primarily use it for reading things when vendors or others insist on
> sending me proprietary format type things.  (Most Japanese that I have
> to be able to read is either email--no problem with mutt--or on the web,
> which I can do with opera.)

Scott,

Just emerged openoffice-bin-1.0.1 to test for Japanese input. Using your
langx to open openoffice, I can use kinput2 with canna, but the
shift+space doesn't activate kinput2, instead I need to use crtl+o.
However the kinput2 input window thingy ( the [ あ ] window) that pops up
where you are entering text shows a box instead of あ. otherwise it works
fine for me.

I'll try and compile the whole package over the weekend, but looking at
www.openoffice.org and the openoffice-bin ebuild I can't see where or
how the cjk flag could be used.

Stuart Bouyer (aka StuBear)