[tlug] when crontab doesn't cron or tab

This is on that same shell on the remote FreeBSD box,
the one that I am now using bash with (much better!).
I have only user access.

Is there a way to determine whether or not I
have access to the crontab?

I was able to add a line in crontab with the command
crontab -e , and to confirm that the line exists with
crontab -l

So far, however, I am not getting the desired result.
That may be because my syntax is off...but maybe not.

Any ideas?

Thanks!