Re: Gallery (was: Re: [tlug] Notebook Question)

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 10:23:22AM -0400, Josh Glover wrote:

>It is actually just what the doctor ordered for me.

Yeah, Gallery really rocks, doesn't it?

Our internal use for it is to catalog photographs of our racks
at various telco facilities around Japan, so we no longer have
to depend on memory or try to figure out where and on whose
disk the pics of some place are stashed.

I especially like how you can assign authority levels to people
(everyone in my dept. has admin authority over the album) and
put permissions on albums.  You need to have a login to see
the album I set up, and everybody but my dept. has view-only
access.

The more I use Gallery, the more impressed I am with it.

>And it is all thanks to *you*, JB!

My pleasure!

>Another OS success story-ly yours,

Perhaps the greatest thing about this particular success story
is that Gallery, which is GPLed, is just the best web-based
photo gallery software I've ever run across, period.  I have
not seen anything, whether Free or proprietary, that holds
a candle to it.  This is one of those cool cases where
the Free Software application is just the best in its class, by
far.  And not just for technical prowess, but for ease of use
without sacrificing power.

I can't recommend it highly enough to TLUG or to anyone
who needs software of this sort.

Gotta get of my butt and get my 1+ GB of digital photos online :-)

Jonathan
--
GPG key: DF12B4EF (5399 C834 3ABB C3AF 610C  5345 D5D6 E6EA DF12 B4EF)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys  DF12B4EF