Re: [tlug] "interactive" perl

----- Original Message -----
From: "Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com>

> You've been using Perl for a year and this is your first rude shock?

There have been lots of rude shocks - don't tell anyone, but I started off
coding COBOL on IBM 390s or whatever they were called.

I alternate between loving Perl and hating it. A bit like Japan and Japanees
(nihongo).

The biggest problem with Perl Larry Wall himself. Someone please tell him if
was really funny he'd be writing for CBS.

> $answer =3D <STDIN>;

encoding problem, what is 3D? (give me a break I started off with EBICDIC,
that's +3, '3' with plus overpunch )