[tlug] Boot options (RH7.2) (Grub?)

G'day,

Sorry if this is an FAQ, but I'm finding the relevant documentation a little
opaque.

My Toshiba notebook (RH7.2) hangs for an age during bootup when I don't have
it plugged into an Ethernet connection. This doesn't normally trouble me, as
it's usually used at home where it is plugged into a hub. On the road,
however, it is a bore waiting for several minutes whenever I turn it on.

I am using Grub as the boot loader. Is there any clean way to tell the kernel
via Grub at boot time to skip the ethernet port? (I don't want to turn it
off, as once a day or so I do plug it into an ethernet hub.)

Jim

--
Jim Breen  (j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/)
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298