Re: [tlug] Boot options (RH7.2) (Grub?)

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002 12:35:21 +1000 (EST)
Jim Breen <jwb@example.com> wrote:

> My Toshiba notebook (RH7.2) hangs for an age during bootup
> when I don't have
> it plugged into an Ethernet connection.

Probably it's dhcp. If you wait a little longer(~60 sec) it should go on.

Solution1:
Turn off network initialization on bootup (onboot=no). Do `ifup` manually when you need the net.

Solution2:
from `man dhcpcd`
"-t timeout
Specifies (in seconds ) for how long dhcpcd will try to get an IP address. The default is 60 seconds. dhcpcd will not fork into background until it gets a valid IP address in which case dhcpcd will return 0 to the parent process. In a case dhcpcd times out before receiving a valid IP address from DHCP server dhcpcd will return exit code 1 to the parent process."

AFAIK pump has a similar option if you are using that.
Find the place where dhcpcd/pump gets called and edit the script accordingly.

--
B0Ti.