Re: [tlug] share

    hatuhiro> I had tried sharing /usr among diskless clients and an
    hatuhiro> NFS server, then the GUI doesn't work properly at all.

So get a better GUI.  The Natural Object Network Environment (NONE) is
my preference, of course.  ;-)

    hatuhiro> Though the directory /usr is complicated, can we
    hatuhiro> disscuss more about its subdirectories?

Not really.  As Martin points out, you _should_ be able to share
almost everything, certainly the r/o stuff in /usr, and single-user
single-task documents in /home.[1]  You can even share /var and /tmp
(although this is risky if you are not an _expert_ distributed-FS
admin because of resource competition among multiple tasks).

So if the GUI is broken, it's the GUI that's broken.  Fix/replace it.
Odds are that even if you get it working once, sooner or later you'll
upgrade the GUI and you'll have more admin problems.  That's why I
recommend sharing only a few things, not because it can't be done in
principle.

Footnotes:
[1]  Of course it _can_ be done.  But you've already spent enough
time, yours and people on the lists, on this to pay for 10 disks.  Is
it worth it?