Re: [tlug] Changing from Dial-up to Fiber optics

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 06:21:59PM +0900,
Jack Morgan wrote:
> I don't think many people have FTTH yet. You don't really need anything special
> AFAIK. The ISP will give you a modem/router that you just plug your hub/switch/PC
> into.

I'm trying to get B-Flets to my manshon (not to be confused with mansion)
right now. Progress report will be made available if there is interest.

Main software problem is probably going to be PPPoE. According to a third-
party web page, the driver CD-ROM that NTT (*) provides actually includes
source code to a Linux PPPoE driver. That would be a massively pleasant
surprise, but we'll see.

(*) In his case, it was NTT West, whereas I'm going to be dealing with
NTT East. This may or may not make any difference.

--
Shimpei Yamashita                               http://www.shimpei.org/
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?    -- Steve Wright