Re: [tlug] Voice IM on Linux

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> On 7/1/2002, "A.Sajjad Zaidi" <sajjad@example.com> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know of an IM client for Linux that can do voice?
>
> If you find one, tell me too :-p  I've tried to get the Windows version
> working under Wine, but it's been a total zero every time.  It will install,
> but that's it.

Take a look at "Speak Freely" at http://www.speakfreely.org/

There is also a unix version at http://www.fourmilab.ch/speakfree/unix/

It may not be exactly what you are looking for, but it is a voice
messaging program for linux (and there is also a windows version).

I have had good sucess with speakfreely before.
--
Tod McQuillin