Re: [tlug] using unicode with lambda

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 06:32:18AM -0600, Matt Gushee wrote:

> >     Nguyen> How can I use unicode in TeX? Plese forgive me if this was
> >     Nguyen> a faq.
>
> So if Japanese is what you need, visit
>
> http://www.havenrock.com/archives/classic/docproc/nihongo/omega-j/index.html

Oops, wait a minute. You said Unicode. So processing JIS input is not
quite addressing your need, is it?

> but don't use my 'omega-j' package. Follow the links under 'Related
> Projects'.

Actually, you might want to download my package anyway. But only to give
you a feel for the work you might need to do. I honestly don't remember
what-all is in it, but I know it had at least two OTPs (Omega Translaton
Processes)--one for the input, which won't be useful as is--and one for
the output, which might help you get started if you're using Japanese
TrueType fonts (I was working with some DynaLab fonts, if I remember
right).

You probably know this already, but there are very few (like maybe 2 or
3) fonts that attempt to cover the whole Unicode range. So your best bet
is to choose a font or set of fonts that cover the particular subset of
Unicode you are working with.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA