Re: [tlug] using unicode with lambda

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 04:21:32PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Nguyen> How can I use unicode in TeX? Plese forgive me if this was
>     Nguyen> a faq.
>
> Write the necessary support for omega or lamdba, then use it.  AFAIK
> neither Japanese nor Vietnamese are supported by omega.  It's on the
> agenda for the next time I have a big stack of tuits to spend.

I experimented with Japanese support for omega back in '99. Never got
very far with it, but in the process became aware of some others working
on the problem--I am really not sure how usable any of their work was,
because I got busy and had to drop the whole thing, but I have the
impression they got farther than I did.

So if Japanese is what you need, visit

http://www.havenrock.com/archives/classic/docproc/nihongo/omega-j/index.html

but don't use my 'omega-j' package. Follow the links under 'Related
Projects'.
--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA