[tlug] rebel cursor!

Hi tlugers.

Some time ago, I asked about a problem I had with my pointer. Apparently at a
random time the icon of the pointer move almost 1 cm at the right, but the
efective point of action stay at it's right place.
A  kind tluger (I forget who exactly) send me a link of a FAQ at suse.com. In
the FAQ the information was that it is a unknown phenomenon only in Trident
cards. To solve the problem put "sw_cursor" entry at XF86Config file.
I have a trident card in the laptop in fact. I follow the instructions, but it
still do the same.
The only way to solve now the problem is to reboot. I tried to close the
server, and restart it but nothing occurs. I tried to reconfigure the
XF86Config file, but it still the same. The only way is to reboot at the
moment.
I asked at trident and they said that do not have support for linux.

So my question is:
Are there some utility that reset in some way the video card, so I don't have
to reboot?

Thankyou in advance

pietro