[tlug] MySQL vs Oracle

Just had a heated argument with a japanese system consultant. He wouldn't
stop shouting about how Oracle could handle tables with large ammounts of
data (2 million items plus) whereas MySQL qould be slow and therefore we
shouldn't use MySQL on our web site and should instead "thin of the future"
and go with Oracle. I kept asking for "proof" but all I could get was
"everyone knows this, how come you don't?"

I'll be doing a quick search on the net to see if I can find any numbers to
shw that MySQL isn't *that* bad/slow.

I was just wondering if anyone had any quick links to any comparisons
between MySQL and Oracle??

Jc