Re: [tlug] MySQL vs Oracle

This seems to a be a common myth.  Oracle is more robust than alot of the
free solutions. Especially in the area of replication/clustering, but there
is no evidence to support this. I know there are Postgres production servers
that are 10 million items plus, and I am sure that the same is true for
MySQL.  You are dealing with a consultant who bought into conventional
wisdom that is patently false.  Where do such rumors get started? I imagine
that the oracle marketing dept. has something to do with that.

--Matt