Re: [tlug] PC-Card/PCMCIA-Card -> USB Port For FreeBSD

Thanks Chris.

> *BSD supports cardbus USB interfaces.  ISTR that I had a working cardbus USB
> interface on my linux laptop three years ago, but I can't be bothered to hunt down
> the old configuration right now.
>
> It most likely doesn't matter which make of card you use, as there are really only
> two flavours of USB host adaptors -- though I've never seen a UHCI cardbus interface
> in the wild, only OHCI.
>
> FWIW, since cardbus looks like a PCI bus from a driver standpoint (and, indeed, most
> cards use the same chips as their PCI bretheren), cardbus stuff mostly Just Works in
> *BSD.

The interface on the Laptop does not have Cardbus support("Cirrus PD672X ISA to PCMCIA" is what it is
identified as in Linux as the machine boots up), just ISA.  Does FreeBsd(or Linux) support
ISA->USB Ports?  Like the PCI case you mentioned above, will it just be a case of finding a PCMCIA card which
has on it a chip which has FreeBSD(or Linux) ISA->USB drivers ?

Cheers

Tony