Re: [tlug] PC-Card/PCMCIA-Card -> USB Port For FreeBSD

> From what I can find it dosent seem that Linux suports any
> PCMCIA/PC-Card -> USB cards.  Anyone know if FreeBSD does?

*BSD supports cardbus USB interfaces.  ISTR that I had a working cardbus USB
interface on my linux laptop three years ago, but I can't be bothered to hunt down
the old configuration right now.

It most likely doesn't matter which make of card you use, as there are really only
two flavours of USB host adaptors -- though I've never seen a UHCI cardbus interface
in the wild, only OHCI.

FWIW, since cardbus looks like a PCI bus from a driver standpoint (and, indeed, most
cards use the same chips as their PCI bretheren), cardbus stuff mostly Just Works in
*BSD.

-- Chris