Re: [tlug] *BSD vs Linux for severs?

> Most userland code talks only to libc, which is neither
> fish nor fowl, of course.

Sure.  My point was that libc dev is done by one group of programmers, kernel dev by
another, and toolchain by yet another -- with acrimony and distrust between the
three.  This leads to rather serious disconnects.

> But of course it doesn't matter _why_ the subsystems are
> being rewritten, the destabilization is the same.

Agree strongly.  Change for the sake of change is not a good thing.

"But the new code is so much better than the old code!", the zealots retort.

Yeah?  Like ipchains was so much better than ipfwadm?  *snort*

-- Chris