Re: [tlug] Netiquette lesson [was: NFS-mounting /home]

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> No, where you don't agree is that you seem to think Matt is writing
> for you only.  In fact the OP was very likely talking about a
> University lab (.edu address) and clearly specified exactly the
> semantics that net-mounting /home offers.

The OP (me) was writing about a biotech software company, actually. The
.edu address is
the one that is subscribed to this list, but I do have a (evil) .com
address, as well.

> Matt acknowledged that your proposal works better in your
> circumstance.  What more do you want?

And that seems to be the point. NFS-mounting /home makes sense
sometimes, and it does not at others. The point of my original post was
to see if TLUGers tended to agree with me that in the situation I
described, it was a decent solution.

-Josh