[tlug] Netiquette lesson [was: NFS-mounting /home]

    Bruno> This is where we don't agree, I guess... A ratio of 2 PCs +
    Bruno> 2 WS per user is probably

No, where you don't agree is that you seem to think Matt is writing
for you only.  In fact the OP was very likely talking about a
University lab (.edu address) and clearly specified exactly the
semantics that net-mounting /home offers.

Matt acknowledged that your proposal works better in your
circumstance.  What more do you want?

It is probably true that most sysadmins in this world work for
traders.  Each trader seems to require a minimum of 42 support staff
(41 to yell at, and one to be the answer...).  That uses up a lot of
sysadmins (including those jailed for not-quite-justifiable homicide).

However, very few users work in shops which also must support traders
(or similarly demanding users).  I suspect that the net-mounted /home
really is far more widely applicable than you seem willing to admit.

Also, WTF are traders and secretaries doing on the same system?
Sounds like a severe security risk to me.