Re: [tlug] NFS-mounting /home

Matt,

Just 2 questions: What is a "computer lab" for you? It sounds for me
(this name -
computer lab)  like an university or research domain. This is nice, but not
where most people are working, AFAIK.

Second question: I don't understand how automount is less secure than mount,
if the same mount points -&servers- are used: The server decides to share a
directory, and the client decides to mount it, in both cases. The access
rights
are the same, and the protocol is the same. If a client uses automount, the
server will not be able to notice the difference with a "real" mount. We
are
of course speaking about nfs only.

br.

--