Re: [tlug] CLI admin how-to ideas?

?

> Thanks, Scott.  Some of these are what I had in mind (IP address,
> xinetd configuration) and some are close (mutt - a real mailer :-)

I have a mutt page too--I should add that sooner or later, I just have to
fix up something about headers in there. :)  (Although it's based on using
nbsmtp---err, no-brainer smtp, which is small and handy for setting up a
single account for the user, vs. the sysadmin)

Scott Robbins

> In an initial effort, I would be inclined to steer away from
> stuff like setting up Pine (and other software) because this is
> more end-user stuff than admin stuff (mutt excepted, because the only
> way to configure mutt is by editing .muttrc, and it seems to be mostly
> used be sysadmins and serious users).

Well, that faq is, as I said, aimed at a newbie list, where, of course, the
user is aiming at setting up software--however, if there is anything there
that anyone on this list finds of use please feel free to take and modify
it.  (Also, if anyone sees anything dangerous, as Jonathan did with my [now
trashed] telnet page, please let me know).

Scott Robbins