Re: [tlug] disk configuration: drive mounting

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 09:33:20PM -0700, Marlo Rocci wrote:

> I don't know.  My only statement is that I feel the user interface DOES
> matter.  It can prevent unneccessary mistakes, and speed implementation,
> even with advanced users.   I want to see what advancements has been made in
> linux.  To me, this is a simple question which should be divorced from
> politics.

I understand your point, but I haven't seen any GUI tools that reliably
meet your needs. Creating the solution yourself by learning a bit of
Tcl and perl, then writing the application to solve your problem would
be my suggestion. This would ensure that the task(s) that you want to
simplify and the user interface are to your satisfaction. Tcl and perl
are both freely available for both windows and linux.

Otherwise:
If you don't have time to write the program(s) yourself, then I suggest
hiring someone who can do the job for you. If the interface matters,
then it may be in your interest to pay someone for it.

-- Uva