Re: [tlug] CD Writers

On 日, 2002-03-03 at 00:06, Josh Glover wrote:
> [...]

No, you can modularize it. Here are all (I think) the lines from
/usr/src/linux/.config you need to burn CDs:
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=m
CONFIG_IDE=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDISK=y
CONFIG_IDEDISK_MULTI_MODE=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD=m
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI=m
CONFIG_SCSI=m
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD=m
CONFIG_SD_EXTRA_DEVS=40
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR=m
CONFIG_SR_EXTRA_DEVS=2
CONFIG_CHR_DEV_SG=m
CONFIG_ISO9660_FS=y
CONFIG_JOLIET=y

I'm using cdrecord (which contains mkisofs, and a bunch of other stuff),
cdlabelgen, and gcombust, a front end for the first two. It works fine
as root, but I can't get it to run as a regular user. I get this kind of
messages:
/usr/bin/cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot do
mlockall(2).
/usr/bin/cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer
underruns.
/usr/bin/cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set
RR-scheduler
/usr/bin/cdrecord: Permission denied. WARNING: Cannot set priority using
setpriority().
/usr/bin/cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer
underruns.
scsidev: '0,1,0'
scsibus: 0 target: 1 lun: 0
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.20

I've set the console.perms so I own the devices, so I know that's not
the problem. Anyone have any ideas?
--
Stuart Luppescu       -=- s-luppescu@example.com
University of Chicago -=- CCSR