Re: [tlug] CD Writers

----- Original Message -----
From: Eric O. Flores <goripi@example.com>
Subject: Re: [tlug] CD Writers

> Shimpei san si correct!  I found good reading about this subject in
> http://www.linux-sxs.org/stepbystep.html
>
> I recently updated the kernel to newest version 2.4.9.
> Do you think this would be an issue?

Hard to say. What matters is whether SCSI emulation is included in the
kernel. I think that RH leaves it out, but I don't know for sure.

You might want to see if /dev/scd? is symlinked to /dev/hd?. As I remember,
SCSI emulation does this. An alternate solution would be to head over to
/usr/src/linux (assuming that this *is* in fact where your kernel source
tree is rooted) and do a make menuconfig (or make xconfig, whichever), load
the RH config file, and see if SCSI emulation is in there. If so, it will be
under ATA/IDE/MFM/RLL Support -> IDE and ATA Block devices.

Happy hacking...
-Josh