Re: [tlug] CD Writers

Josh, and Tlug,

Back to this subject again!

The device file name representing the CD-Writer has to be passed to the
driver in the Linux kernel.  Right! for the lilo.conf we add  hdb=ide-scsi.
if the driver is statically compiled into my kernel, which I really don't
know! According to the "CD-Writing How To" this is the most common setup.

Now my case is that I am using grup.  Will the same append command for lilo
work on grub?  Below my grup as it will eventually be written.  The only fact
is that I am not sure if this will work.  I don't have experience with grub
therefore I am hesitating to make this change.

title Red Hat Linux (2.4.9-31)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.9-31 ro root=/dev/hda2
        initrd /initrd-2.4.9-31.img
-->   append="hdb=ide-scsi"

??? 03 3? 2002 23:13?Eric O. Flores ????????: