Re: [tlug] Using TAR

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 04:33:08AM -0800, roy lo wrote:
> Not a good ideal; you are running of possible risk of losing log this
> way. ie. if in some "unnatural" way your /tmp was full with junks and
> eat up your /var partition. then you won't have any updated logs (unless
> you have set your logs to store in some where else)

well, yes, the comment about multiuser systems applies to /tmp as well.
on my notebook i am the only one filling up anything, so i don't need
to have empty partitions wasting space.

greetings, martin.
--
i am looking for a job anywhere in the world, doing pike programming,
caudium/pike/roxen training, roxen/caudium and/or unix system administration.