Re: Slow ADSL !

On 15:27 2001/09/09 +0200, Tobias Diedrich wrote
>Asa Liton wrote:
>
> > > When you get to the LILO prompt on boot, type "linux apm=off
> acpi=off" and hit
> > I tried to do this. What I get is:
> >
> > grub> linux apm=off acpi=off
> > Error 27:Unrecognized command
>
>OK, you are using grub (grand unified bootloader), not lilo (linux
>loader), any grub experts here ? (I only tried it once...)

At the Grub screen, when you choose Linux, then hit e
That will let you edit it--you'll then see the lines in Grub referring to
your Linux install. At the end of the line that begins
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.7 ro root=/dev/hdaX  (It will be similar to
that--that X will be a number) you can do control E which will take you to
the end of the line--then add the apm=off acpi=off to the end of that
line.  Hit return, then hit b and it should boot.

Scott Robbins