Re: Slow ADSL !

archan (archan@example.com) wrote:

> normally, do as follows
> 1. reinstall rp-pppoe
> 2. edit /etc/ppp/pap-secrets
> 3. edit /etc/ppp/chap-secrets
> 4. edit only USER tag in /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf
> 5. then use adsl-connect from super user terminal

I've deleted the previous parts of the thread, but I don't
remember him saying whether or not this was a pppoe connection
(some DSL is just ethernet to a DSL router).  He may well
be using pppoe, and you may well know that from somewhere
else (off-list post or whatever), or maybe his provider only
does pppoe.  Could you expand on that a little?

> don't use adsl-setup or ....

Or what?  It sounds like he's a newcomer to Linux, so if
we mean "Or it will ruin your dsl setup, make your computer
explode and burn your down, and just generally ruin your
life" we should be explicit about that :-)

Jonathan