Re: Slow ADSL !

Tobias Diedrich wrote:

> Asa Liton wrote:
>
> > I had another freez ( so another fresh INSTALLATION ).
>
> What do you mean by "freeze" ?
> It is not really a good sign if a freshly installed linux just breaks so
> badly you have to reinstall it...
> (Not that it would be a good sign if any linux installation breaks in
> that way, in contrast to some other operating systems you can get by
> without having to reinstall linux given you are experienced enough...)
>
> Do you have Windows installed on that system too ?
> Does it work reliably ?

Yes I have Windows installde on the same system and it works fine.
Yesterday while I was doing "uname -r > /tmp/info" thing, my machine
freezed. So I had to hard reset the machine. At start up there war some
thing like : Press Ctrl-D for blah blah...../ Run fsck manually etc. I don't
know what this means and couldn't boot Linux. So I had to go for a new
installation.

Asa