Re: minoru hodo koube wo tareru inahokana

I can understand your point; and I do agree to it.
However, I view it a bit differently from you.
I started out playing linux back when the symbol was elf/dwarf instead of
that cute little penguin. ^_^;
At that time linux wasn't that popular and online resource was little. So I
learn it by reading the HOWTOs and try&error method.
Later on when linux got popular I was the kind of guy that will tell people
to "RTFM"; why? because I think all the answers are in the HOWTOs and if the
questions are big and nasty enough I should send an e-mail and ask the
authors instead.
Sometimes, if people caught me in a good mood I will help them out; elsewise
I will tell them go "RTFM"
And then one day I got stocked on some problems and didn't quiet understand
the README file that was suppose to explain to solution for it;  so I went
on irc and ask people for help. And someone reply back with "RTFM" to me; As
much as it hurt my pride I realize that what I did was wrong. And that
really made me changed myself.

There is nothing wrong with point out mistakes to people; however, one can
choose to do it in a professional and friendly manner or otherwise. That is
what I'm trying to get across to this mailing list. I agree with what you
are saying and I hold pretty much as the same value as you do. But I think
it will be better to say, "Here, please go to linuxdoc.org and you can find
the howto for {etc, etc...}" instead of just saying something like "RTFM"

That is just my 3cent value