Re: Hostname questions

And also said:

>The entry in /etc/sysconfig/network tells the host what its
>name is.

Doh! This just adds to my confusion :) Doesn't the machine already know who
it is using the HOSTNAME= entry in /etc/sysconfig/network?

Does this mean that the OS knows it's own name, and it's own IP address, but
can't (by itslef) map one to the other? It needs /etc/hosts to do this, even
for it's own name?

>Maybe I should have written that in python. My English sucks...

Nah, the problem is that my questions are too basic. I find that answers to
complex questions are easy to type up. Answers to basic questions are
impossibly complex to write ;)

Jc