Re: Netscape and Japanese

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com> wrote:

     My bet is that your inability to input Japanese is probably related to
     that anyway; you probably don't have XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2" set in
     your Netscrap's environment.

By typing in exactly as in the screen shot Tobias put up for me, I was
able to get Netscape to display with Japanese menus, accept Japanese
input, and display GOO correctly including the buttons that were
formerly mojibake. Now I have to make that permanent in the Netscape
environment.

Thanks to Stephen and Tobias for the advice. One small detail: I have
4.76 installed, not 4.77 as I mistakenly said earlier.

--
John De Hoog, Tokyo        <dehoog@example.com>