Re: RH net configuration GUI tool buggy?

Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:

> I just had a quick look at these files and the seemed ok.
>
> But after I rebooted the system I couldn't access the network until I again
> did a route add default gw
>
> I'll reboot again now and see if I still have the problem.
>
> Jc

You shouldnt have to reboot for anything less than a kernel or critical
hardware (cpu, ram etc) upgrade.

The network restart is all you need to do to reload your new settings. Might
be a good idea to post your '/etc/sysconfig/network'.

Are you sure the gateway isnt specified in
'/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0' ? Some systems do that.

41 53 5A