Can canna completely replace {Free}Wnn? (for CJK)

    Marc> Is canna capable of providing input methods for all these
    Marc> languages?

No.

    Marc> Or is Wnn the only "Grand Unified IM" (besides IIIMF)?

Wnn is not a grand unified IM.  It provides several servers, but
doesn't handle any languages other than the Asian ideographic ones.

Mule (XEmacs or GNU Emacs) handles more languages than any other
system I know of through the Quail IM library.

IIIMF is not an IM, it is a protocol through which IMs can talk.
There's no particular reason why Wnn cannot be retargeted to talk
IIIMF.  Or Canna, or anything else (except Quail, which is integrated
into Emacs).

XIM is also a similarly flexible protocol, but it is older and suffers
many design flaws.  (AFAIK IIIMF is generally layered over XIM where
X11 is available, but I haven't seen much about implementations
recently.)